Sunday, October 21, 2007

Just a Quick Blurb

Well, I guess the only way there is going to be a new post on my blog is if I put one there! Funny how it works that way...

So far, Dawnae's and my art that is hanging in the Redlands Gallery has not sold, and there are only 4 days left of the show. Do we keep them in for the next show, or not; that is the question.

On the other hand, I do have some exciting art news to share. I have just landed my first paid mural/faux finishing job at my friends house. She has 4 boys, 2 per bedroom. She has asked me to paint an apple tree and airplanes (old 40's era style) in the little boys room, and in the older boys room she would like me to add a dry brush finish, an image of one of the older boys doing a flip in the air painted above his bed and an image of the oldest boy doing a trick on his skateboard painted above his bed. So fun!

I start these two projects a week from Monday and plan to have them finished in two weeks time. I am so excited!!! I struggle with canvas work so this will be all fun for me. One great thing about doing this for my friend is that I will help her get these two rooms finished; which will give her peace and rest, and allow her to concentrate more on enjoying her family.

(LaRae, this will not prevent me from helping you with your quilts should you need me to; I will be able to help when this job is completed.)

Wish me luck, and pray for me to have nimble fingers and un-spillable paint cans!

6 comments:

Janet Patrice said...

can you come to my house and help me figure out what to do with my 'blah' fireplace? I have been thinking of painting it, but I am scared ..... not sure how it will look. I should send you a pic sometime - good luck with this major project! Take pictures!

Micalanne said...

Janet ~ I would love to see the before pictures of your fireplace, and then give you some ideas of what to do with it! There is so much that can be done! Send pictures right away!

I will certainly take pictures of the boys rooms and post them with my friends permission.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I'm so proud of you! This painting stuff is such a foreign world to me; I couldn't even begin to do it. Brains are curious things, no?

Can't wait to see your finished product.

Micalanne said...

I can't wait to see the finished product either! :)

There are so many things that can be done on a wall or canvas; I don't know why I never considered this as work before. I have always been interested in it and when I would see a different technique I would decide for myself how they achieved the look, etc. Fun for me!

When you buy your house I will paint whatever you want!

LaRae said...

Micalanne - you are loaded with talent! The ideas for the murals sound fabulous & fun. I hope we get to see the end result. Did you sketch the murals on paper first or just go straight to the wall? Enjoy your job!

Micalanne said...

LaRae, I have yet to work on the mural job. It begins on Monday. I am using a picture I found on the web of two boys sitting in an apple tree for my inspiration piece, and I am studying the lines of that picture. I haven't done any sketches of what I think I'm going to do because when you sketch on a small piece of paper, your mind and muscles are practicing for that size of art. But the tree I'm going to paint will be from floor all the way onto the ceiling, which calls for large muscle movement (this is extraordinarily freeing to paint in this way) Even the detail of the tree, leaves, and apples will be large strokes. If I had a practice wall, I most certainly would practice first! If I can get permission from my friend to post pictures, I most certainly will!