Wednesday, April 11, 2007

EEEK!


I created this podlike thing while using my Reeves Starter Set of oil paints. I wanted to see how they worked differently than the Winsor & Newton that I usually use. Marc said, in so many unspoken words, this is a good piece to teach me how to paint myself out of a bad painting. Marc is my Simon Cowell; and I love him for that. Notice the upward flow of yellow paint toward the bottom. These are not brushstrokes. The painting, while still very wet, rubbed up against something and caused this. I have a lot of work to do to fix this!

4 comments:

dawnae said...

Okay...so I want to see the end product, and how you paint yourself out of a "bad" painting!

Micalanne said...

Well Dawnae...I worked on this one yesterday and just got lost. I ended up taking it off the stretcher bars and tossing it. I may go rescue it from the garbage, but I don't know, we'll have to see about that.

dawnae said...

it wasn't that bad....but then when you don't like something no one can talk you into liking it, at least it is that way with me....in fact if I draw or paint something I don't like it is actually painful to look at it! You know what I mean?

GMomPenny said...

I liked the first painting--it reminded me of the brown toned pics.
I liked the one with color because it brought in life.
I liked the sideways swoosh of your brush.