Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tomorrow is MY HAPPY DAY!!!!

Last year, on My Happy Day, I spent most of the day by myself painting. I didn't necessarily want to be alone; but the children had to go to school and Bart had to go to work. Aside from being alone, I truly enjoyed being lost in paint, design and my imagination!

With the children in the middle of finals again at this time of year, it leaves me to wonder what I will do tomorrow. I have been wanting to complete a series of the winter bird the red cardinal! If I decided to begin this project, I could easily get lost in either my paints, or my graphite and paper. Or, I could spend time with my parents; they called today to see if they could come spend some time with me. I would like that. I would like to sketch the two of them. I wonder if they would be able to sit still for me. I believe my mom would enjoy it. But my dad is a little more reserved and may be uncomfortable.

My sister, Princess Jody, is in the middle of a nasty job she has to complete; therefore she is unavailable. Maybe I could drive out to her and we could go to lunch! We can bang our royal crowns together as we give a hoop and a holler for My Happy Day! But with her icky job, she may not be in a Hoop an Hollering mood....

As for the rest of my siblings, they are probably working, too. Steve is in Iraq, I won't drive over there to see him....sorry!

The reality is that I really have to stay at home because we are getting our kitchen redone and the workers will be here! The cabinets are in the middle of being stained and varnished. We wanted to update our kitchen, and had great plans for knocking down certain walls, etc. but we had some uninvited guests show up that stayed too long and caused some real damage....termites! So, because we were pressed for getting those out of here, and gone forever, we kept basically the same layout that we had before...all original walls still intact. Getting any kind of remodel work done in the house is very inconvenient........very. But, it will be beautiful and hospitable by human beings again soon! I'm a lucky girl, and I'm very grateful.

As an update from a long ago post, I did not do the mural painting job for my friend; for a few reasons. The main one was that I was having some mysterious physical symptoms....Diagnosis Unknown. I went through a gammet of tests, all of which returned normal. However, I question why the phlebotemist that took my blood did not make note of the fact that my blood was the color and consistency of molasses; and that it took 45 minutes almost to get enough blood into the 5 vials necessary to complete the blood screen. Is this normal to have blood the color and consistency of molasses?! I don't know. "Do I drink enough water?" they asked. Yes, I drink a ton of water, yet cannot keep hydrated. Hence the purpose of tests..... My friends have moved on to other home projects and will do the murals later I imagine.

Anyway, with my very fun job on the line, my mouth lined of cotton and My Happy Day just about here, I am going to go to bed. I wonder what I will dream about?!

3 comments:

dawnae said...

Happy Birthday to you....cha cha cha, (my neices love to sing the birthday song with the cha cha cha!). Aren't birthdays anti climatic the older we get? Well, at any rate I hope you had a stupendous one, and that somebody bought you some beautiful yellow roses, because you are kind of like a yellow rose, that brightens up the room!

No, blood should not be like molasses...and I never did like that they didn't figure out what was going on, do you think you should try a different doc????

Weird about your job....guess I just don't know how the corporate world operates....let us know what happens!!

Anonymous said...

Well, what did you end up doing on your Happy Day! It would have been nice to see you, maybe next year. All the monkeys in the zoo send their best regards to you ... Happy Birthday, old gal.

Micalanne said...

I had to stay at home because the finishers were here. But all was not lost...I ate two brownie bites with my breakfast, the milk of which I drank straight from the jug, Lauren & Ashley broke the rules at school to call me on their cellphones to wish me a Happy Birthday, a beautiful bouquet of flowers was delivered to me, I allowed myself to get lost in thought and ideas then drift off to sleep for a little while, Bethany bought me my favorite tostada from Cuca's Mexican Restaurant for a snack and my favorite vanilla w/ fudge and peppermint candies frozen yogurt, the girls took part in the YW Modesty Fashion Show, we had yummy Italian food for dinner, I took dinner to my friend who was home sick with vertigo and I went to bed when I felt like it!

It was a great day!