Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Long & The Short of It

There was so much that happened in December. It's always a very busy month. And I love it. I really enjoy all the Parties, Cards, Pictures, Gift Exchanges, and Surprises! However, I also Really Enjoy the week between Christmas and New Year's. During this week, I traditionally spend time contemplating the last years events, as well as doing what I call a mental "IESE" - Internal-External Self Examination.


Truth be told, 2008 was incredibly challenging; yet, a time of growth, for me personally, and for each member of my immediate family.

A really good clue as to how challenging my circumstances are is the length of my hair. The more challenging my life is, the shorter my hair is. This picture was taken about 4 months ago.


Then, as chaos cools its heels, and life seems to settle down for a time, I let my hair grow. I decided October 1st that I would grow my hair out again. And today, just a day shy of 3 months of growth, this is the length of my hair.


Yes, life is calmer for a season. A.M.E.N.! So much has happened that could have caused me to throw in the towel, run away to Tibet, and live with a shaved head the rest of my days.


But, all along the way, I have felt the Lord's presence with me. I can now see His hand in every circumstance all year long - for which I am deeply grateful.

{video}

Knowing He is with me always, enables me to Smile and Hope. Today, I am looking back at 2008, packing up the Lessons I learned that Strengthened me, and my Testimony that He Lives, and I'm heading into 2009 with a New Resolve to continue Becoming who I was sent here to become. And, to continue serving My Family, to help facilitate their continued Growth as well. I Love Them All With Every Ounce of My Being!

And I Love All of You my Extended Family & Friends!

Happy New Year Everyone! May God Bless You with Love, Peace, and Joy in 2009!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, too. I like you hair. It's pretty.

Anonymous said...

BTW, I looked at your blog to find the link to your cookie blog. Why isn't it listed?

Micalanne said...

It's not listed because I'm still deciding how I want it to look, and get pictures uploaded of all the different cookies. But you can find it at: cookiesbydelivery.blogspot.com.
It's not private.

Anonymous said...

OK, let me know when you're ready so I can put a link on my blog.

Jobi Niu said...

What a sweet post! I'm curious to see waht your hair looks like long, I'm sure when your daughter goes to hair school she'll want to experiment on your hair too. Your hair looks cute either way! I wish I could pull off short hair.