Sunday, April 5, 2009

Good Ol' Days of Conference

We've always loved to "watch" General Conference!

Of course, the term "watch" has to be used liberally because of the childrens' consistent need to burn energy; especially in the "Back Then" days.
(October 1996-Listening to President Hinckley)

To keep them occupied, but listening, I would pull different items out of the cupboards for them. Crayons, paper, scissors, glue, little balls, baby dolls, etc. could be found strewn across the carpet as we "watched" the Prophet speak.

Today, the desire to watch conference was no different than in the past. We all curled up in our jammies and blankets to listened to MoTab's "The Spoken Word" as we waited for conference to begin.

Our experience of watching conference was similar to the past; except for the very minimal activity of the children during each session. They lounged on the couch, listening, rarely getting up, or even moving.

I believe they are growing up...

(I didn't take any pictures of them during conference. There would be Grand Mutiny if I did that!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures of the girls in front of the tv. How cute.

Jamie said...

Remember when we had to get dressed up and actually go to church to watch conference??

jodi kay said...

That is a cute picture! I was really wishing to see a picture from yesterday though! I can't wait til my kids get to the point where they will just sit and listen. Tell me it is possible please????

bphay said...

Love the binkies! Now they have packets to help get the kids involved - you know color the tie the same as the speakers, count how any times they say prayer, church, BofM, etc. I almost filled one out myself. I should have, because I kept falling asleep (later realized it was cuz of the fever). Sara - did the girls do their packets?

Micalanne said...

Judy - thanks!

Jamie - I certainly do remember getting all dressed up to go watch Conference at church! Ha!

Barbie - I think I tried those packets a few times. They had their binkies for a very long time.

Jodi - Yes, eventually you will be watching their breathing and poking them just to make sure they are still alive.