Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More Good Ol' Days of Conference

I know it's hard to believe; but the fact still remains that I was a Young Adult in the year 1985. That is the year I graduated from High School, then moved to Downey, California to Nanny for my friends, The Rapier's.



Uncle Mickey and his family lived in Downey at this same time. Cousin Cari and I would get together often to have ourselves some Good Times! One of the fun things we did is Hit the Road for the October General Conference. We went with a friend...





...and David Cummings; in his little - very, very little - Honda. We stayed in Springville at our friends family's house. Another group of friends met up with us there.



We did not have tickets to actually get into Conference. We didn't mind though. A quick glance through the doors of the Tabernacle gave us a view of the General Authorities and President Spencer W. Kimball; and that made us happy. (I know...it boggles the mind trying to imagine Me & Cari old enough to be at a Conference before the Conference Center was built!)



We decided to walk around Temple Square to get our fill of the Spirit, enjoy the scenery...



...and take pictures of each other.





Then...

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted...H.I.M! He was so Beautiful in his Green Suit!



I followed H.I.M. I had to! Fate said we were going to Get Married and have 8 children as beautiful as he was! There were a lot of people on Temple Grounds; but, I knew how to maneuver my way through that Mormon Mob. Yet, even with all my Skills, I lost sight of H.I.M. I panicked and Begged Cari and David to help me. Cari spotted H.I.M. and exclaimed, "Micalanne! H.E.'s gone that-a-way!".



I was off! I ran through Temple Square, jumping over the highest of walls to get to H.I.M. because Eternity was waiting!!!



I Landed my Last Leap and there H.E. was....

...with his Gorgeous Blonde Girlfriend! Arrrrrrgh!


All hopes for 8 Beautiful Children and Eternity were dashed. What else could I do but...



With Fate slipping from my grasp, Cari took me to a Happy Place, and as we viewed the Backside of Water, my perspective changed. I knew I could keep on Keepin'-On.



It is because of Cari that, although I still have some lasting damage, the ill-effects are minimal.





I Loves Me My Cari-Girl! That's not Hard to Believe!









10 comments:

Susan said...

I love the family picture of you when you were the nanny. I looked at it before reading the post and thought "I have no idea who those people are or how they are related to me." Plus I love all 80's fashions. Now I have some incriminating photos to use as blackmail against Cari!

Micalanne said...

Susan, Beware when blackmailing anyone...what goes around, comes around!

Jamie said...

I love the pictures! What great fun.
You are diiiiggging through some pictures aren't you?

Micalanne said...

HaHa! Yes I am,Jamie ~ Yes I am!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so cool. Um, but is that white and red dress mine or yours? I know I wore it to my beauty school graduation.

Micalanne said...

The dress was yours. We traded clothing for a period of time ~ I had your dress and you had my long paisley shirt.

I have a picture of you in my shirt, but I would need your permission to post it...

cari said...

I love this post!! It proves that once upon a time I was skinny!! Most people only post pictures of me that are embarassing. We had so many goods times and that trip was definately one of the best. The sorority provided a lot of fun as well. I wonder if they still have it. I also remember seeing Pres. Kimball through the Tabernacle doors. It was one of the last times I ever saw him. I don't remember the cute guy though. I'm glad you were able to get over him and move on. Ha Ha. Thanks for being such an important part of my young adulthood. I am grateful to have so many fond memories. No other time in my life has been quite like it.

cari said...

I just read Susan's post after I wrote mine. I told you people are always trying to humiliate me on the internet. Well, I have news for Susan you can't blackmail me with these photos cuz I was a lot younger and thinner in them than I am now.

Micalanne said...

Oh my Gosh Cari! I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for you to read this post! We did have so much fun, didn't we?! You, too, were so important to me at that time in my life. It truly was a Great Time. I have very fond memories of you and all our fun! I Love You!

bphay said...

Aren't families the BEST! All of my most treasured moments have been spent with my family. Thanks for the memories, to all of you!