Sunday, June 14, 2009

Feet Series, pt 1

The other day, I took my son to the End-of-the-Year Bash at his school. As he ran around with his friends, I people-watched; and took pictures of their feet. Yes, their feet. This began my year-long quest for pictures that will become my first series of feet.

Out of 292 shots, I have narrowed it down to about 16 favorites. The following are some of my favorites and, because I'm curious, I would like to know which of these are Your favorites. Don't be shy and leave me a comment. I will post the results on Friday, June 19th.



















Oh, and I would love to hear if you happen to come up with any fun captions!

10 comments:

bphay said...

I LOVE TO LOOK AT FEET, TOO! Mostly, I look to see what kind of shoes they are wearing, are they appropriate for their activity, that sort of thing. I always wonder at people wearing "high" heels to Disneyland or shopping at Ontario Mills. That always fascinates me. I would like to see them at the end of the day - do they still have a spring in their step, can they still walk?

jayni & ben said...

I love to people watch too!! One of my favorite things is to go to the mall and just sit and watch. I love it!! I think this is funny that you took pics of feet. Makes me wonder what the top half look like.

Micalanne said...

Barbie - I think the same thing too when I see people in heels in odd places! I need to get to Disneyland so I can take more pictures!

Jayni - We would have a great time together! I'm usually the quiet, observant one in a group, just cuz I'm busy watching. And you would love these kids. All around, the kids at Cameron's school are pretty great!

{sara} said...

I like the 1st pic. with the pink boots. I'm curious to see where this project goes!

Micalanne said...

Sara~ I'm curious too! Doesn't it sound fun. I simply like body parts. Not sure which one I'll choose to do a series on after feet, though...

bphay said...

Hands, elbow, ears?

Micalanne said...

Barbie ~ Hands are a good one. They are one of my favorite things to sketch.

Jobi Niu said...

My favorite is the 6th one down, like my sister I'm wondering what the top half of all of these look like!

Micalanne said...

HaHa Jobi! That's a fun picture! The little girl wearing the Uggs Did. Not. Stop. all night long! Every picture I got of her, her feet were off the ground! So funny!

Deb said...

Micalanne, I like the one with the black cowboy boots (girl in the skirt) and for a caption how 'bout: These boots were made for walking....?
Nice pics...cool idea too!