Thursday, June 4, 2009

Not the Usual "June Gloom"

Yesterday morning we awoke to a dark cloudy sky. It is not unusual for us to have a bit of overcast weather in June; however, the grayness we were experiencing came from clouds like I have never seen before. They looked similar to quilt batting and, at times, moved like the waves on a stormy sea.


As the day progressed, the gray turned to black causing the relentless clap of thunder, strike of lightning, and...


...Fire! Miraculously, and in an instant, buckets of rain dropped over our valley; then ceased just as quickly.


Because I was safe in the comfort of my home, this storm was entertaining. It afforded me time away from the workload of the house, garden, and chickens. I enjoyed its distraction. In time, the storms fury relinquished itself and the sun began to shine again.




As always, Nature's Show never disappoints.

2 comments:

{sara} said...

Weren't the clouds amazing?! I got some fun pics, too...you'll probably see them on my blog fairly soon!

Anonymous said...

Earthquakes? Fires? Wait, is this October?