Friday, July 31, 2009

My First Book Review



I chose to read "The X and Y of Buy" by Elizabeth Pace for a few reasons. As a small business owner I am always interested in learning better marketing techniques to draw consumers to my products. The title itself made me realize my current understanding of marketing had everything to do with personality, and nothing to do with gender. I wondered if I could utilize this new perspective. Pace, who has spent 20+ years in business, proved to me that her success, and the success of any salesperson, directly depends on the understanding of the differences between the two genders brain activity, perception, and purpose of action with many references to up-to-date medical research. In using graphs, illustrations and photos she ensures understanding of this throughout her larger audience. I recognized my own purchasing style within her examples and I enjoyed learning about the differences in structure and power of each genders brain. I would recommend to anyone they read this book. Along with the medical information, Pace also offers simple, step-by-step processes that teaches clear communication between the genders that can be utilized not only in business and sales situations, but in any human relationship.

I wrote this review as a member of the Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger program - http://brb.thomasnelson.com - Thanks Janet Patrice Neville Nordine!!! :)

No comments: