Saturday, March 22, 2008

We're Off....

....to the Grand Canyon!

With Spring Break finally here, we can pull up the anchor and take off. It's a complete pain to get everything ready to go; but it is absolutely worth it once you're on the open road.

Bart is the only one who has been to the Grand Canyon before and he has wanted to take the rest of us for several years. There a few things I am really looking forward to: the skywalk on the west side, the expected gorgeous sunrise/sunsets, the animal life - to watch in their natural habitat - not to ride down to the bottom of the canyon. I just can't get past the imagined donkey stink! Can anyone tell me if they stink?!

Anyway, I'm sure it will be a great time. I hope we have enough time to stop for several hours at Valley of Fire State Park which is not too far north of Las Vegas. My dad used to take us there when we lived in Las Vegas; before it was a State Park. I distinctly remember climbing up the rocks to trace the petroglyphs. It is a beautiful, peaceful, even spiritual, place that I have fond memories of.

We'll be back in a week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lest you bad guys think the Child home is unattended during their vacation - you would be wrong - so stay away or you'll be sorry.

Micalanne said...

LOL! Not only are you my cheerleader, you are my protector! I can imagine you in your karate clothes and weilding your most powerful and fierce "I'm gonna kick your ....." stance as you typed that comment!!!! LOL again!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's true - Your house is not unoccupied just because you're gone.

And by the way, my karate stance would scare no one. I remember during my first lesson I was going through the forms and my teacher said, "This isn't dance class."