Friday, September 21, 2007

Under Pressure

Okay, so I folded under the pressure and dropped my Spanish 101 class. It was hard! And I didn't like not knowing the answer when Mi Profesora called on me! I'm weird like that...

However, I have kept my Oceanography 101 class. It is the telecourse version so I can watch the "lecture" on TV, or on my computer, whenever it works into my schedule. And I am really enjoying what I'm learning. Of course, I become fully involved in each class I take, meaning that when I took Medical Terminology I "was" a doctor. And when I took Child Development, I "was" a child development expert. And now that I'm taking Oceanography, I "am" an oceanographer. Too bad I couldn't be a Spanish speaking Oceanographer at the same time...
Sadly, I'm really missing my studio art classes!!! I had a great time last year taking painting and I'm really looking forward to getting back into art classes again.

I'm so excited because tomorrow is Take-In day at the Redlands Art Gallery for the new show. The theme is "Fall Colors". I'm especially excited about it because Dawnae will have one of her pieces in the Gallery, too! The following pictures are of my "Fall Silhouette" and Dawnae's "Sunflowers"! I still need to get a picture of my piece framed. I will update this post with that soon.

Wish us luck on a Great Show and Quick Sales!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! Both pieces are beautiful. Send me info so I can go. I love your self portrait!

Spanish is hard! I took two years of college Spanish (I had to read Don Quijote in espanol and that is archaic espanol - like our Shakespeare), and I still can't speak or understand it - but I can read it if it was written centuries ago.

In all those two years I only got one "A" on a test - the last test I took. Talk about frustrating! Gift of Tongues I have not.

I remember talking to Amy, and trying to talk in espanol, and she told me to stop, that it was too much work for her. LOL.

From one oceanographer to another, come out sailing with me.

Micalanne said...

Amy is so willing to help anyone with Spanish. She loves the language and the people. I still plan on taking the class, but not until I have studied the book on my own. That way, when I am in the class, I can concentrate on verbalizing what I have already taught myself. I understand about the "A" thing. It is a personal requirement for myself to earn "A's"; especially since I usually have one class at a time.

You bet I'll come sailing with you. I am really looking forward to sailing under the full moon with you at the end of October! You better be wearing your sailor logo on your chest!

Anonymous said...

I'll be wearing a life jacket so you won't see either my logo or my chest. And we won't be sailing in October, we'll be kayaking. You gotta know the lingo if you're going to hang with me, girlie.

Who is coming on our Moonlight Paddle? Are you bringing the kids & Bart? It will be really fun. Dress in warm clothing.

Micalanne said...

We are all planning on going! It's a good thing your logo'd chest will be covered up because it will prevent me from being envious of it!

And isn't it easier to accidentally-on-purpose capsize in a kayak than a dinghy?!

Micalanne said...

Or is it a Libido 14? I can't get my Dinghy's from my Libido's straight!

Micalanne said...

Judy, please send me your previous blogger ID photo...I love that one! I want to paint it.

Anonymous said...

Libido 14? What's on your naughty little mind?

Micalanne said...

Fall Colors - Sept 21 - Oct 26

Redlands Art Association Gallery
215 E. State St.
Redlands, Ca 92373

Mon-Sat 10 - 5
Thurs Nights 5 - 9

10 East to Orange St. And bottom of offramp, go through intersection to next stop sign. At next stop sign, turn Right. Follow street down to 3rd light, State St, and turn left. One way street, park anywhere you can find a spot!

Janet Patrice said...

how far apart are you and Judy - drive time wise? Nice that you can get together like that for fun events.

Both pieces are very nice = good luck at the show!

Micalanne said...

Approx. an hour - depending on traffic. We are very lucky.

LaRae said...

Amazing art from amazing ladies! I'm anxious to hear how your art does at the show. Keep us posted.

Micalanne said...

Well, for my first update, I stopped by the gallery this morning to see where the pieces have been positioned on the walls. If Dawnae's piece was larger, I'm sure she would have been on the storefront window wall. I say this because she is on the next best wall where you can see it from the street, when you walk in AND as you walk around the front room. I was so happy for that! Mine is in the back room on the wall that you have to walk around the greeting card rack to see. I so very graciously thought, "WHAT?!" So, when I work there on Friday, I'm going to move that card rack flat against the wall! So there!

Janet Patrice said...

did these ever end up selling?

Micalanne said...

As of yet, these paintings are still hanging in the gallery, very much for sale! I work at the gallery tomorrow, so I will look to see how many visitors we have had walk through since the show opened.

I'm not sure what to think about the opportunities for selling art at the gallery yet; the jury is still out on that one.