Sunday, June 17, 2007

I Just Had To Share/ I've Been Tagged


My Baby Girls, Lauren & Ashley! Can you feel the Love?!


Okay, so I'm not really blogging right now, but I'm going to say my official weekly "Hello, Janet! I hope all is well with you!" and, because I have been tagged, I will unofficially answer the questions. Here it goes:


1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Standing in the middle of the baby isle at the local drug store having a complete conversation with my 3 1/2 year old twins about what kind of pacifiers they wanted. "Okay, Lauren, would you like the blue one with a duckie on it, or the pink one with a teddy on it?" And realizing that this type of conversation was probably a very RARE occassion in anybody's motherhood career...there probably is not a spot in any baby book to record this kind of conversation.


2. What was I doing one year ago? Preparing for our family vacation that included taking Bethany up to the University of Utah for Especially for Youth.


3. Five snacks that I enjoy...

1. Pistachios

2. Chips & Salsa

3. Cottage Cheese sprinkled with freshly ground pepper & hot salt

4. Smoothies - mostly Strawberry/Banana

5. Brownies - Although they are illegal


4. Five songs I know all the lyrics to:

Considering that I make up my own lyrics I would have to say I know the lyrics to ALL songs! :) (Example: when another driver isn't kind to me while I'm driving, and I begin thinking NNT's - not nice thoughts - I sing "They are children of God, but they don't know it yet" to the tune of I Am A Child of God.)


5. Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. Continue taking care of my husband

2. Continue taking care of my children

3. Set up education/missionary funds for the children

4. Talk my husband into going back to school for his PhD in business

5. Live on an uninhabited (except for my hired help) island and run naked all day long


6. Five bad habits:

1. Not admitting I have bad habits; and yet,

2. Allowing my bad habits to define me

3. Staying up too late

4. Not exercising enough

5. Not paying for something I think I can make myself - the curse of being a Relief Society member


7. Five things I would never wear again:

1. My current wardrobe - I wear the same thing over and over and over because I hate shopping for clothes - see #5 above

2. Contacts - amen and hallelujah

3. Purplish eyeshadow with Orangey lipstick - my wedding pictures will show you why

4. A nylon sweatsuit - it's against the environmental noise ordinance

5. A professional suit - it's artist attire for me


8. Five toys I love:

1. Bart

2. Bethany

3. Lauren

4. Ashley

5. Cameron


9. Five people to say "I Love You" to:

1. My Dad

2. My Mom

3. My Siblings - yes, all of them!

4. Aunt Barbie

5. Maggie

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see you singing to the tune of I am a Child of God. That is funny!

Anonymous said...

PS - that's a cute picture of Lauren & Ashley.

Janet Patrice said...

Wow - imagine my delight (and shock) when just for fun I looked at a Blog that was to be on a summer vacation to find MY OWN NAME with a special hello....

YEA - thanks for posting your 'tag' - I also love pistashios (especially during football season!) and what is 'hot salt?' I'm intrigured by that.

Thanks for the shout out!

Micalanne said...

Janet - I guess I'm more organized than I thought and can find a few minutes to blog - O Happy Day!

Hot Salt is a yummy treat from Morton's. My husband picked it up from our local grocery store called Stater Bros. But I'm pretty sure that you can find it at any of the large chain stores. (you can look it up at www.mortonsalt.com)It is a mixture of salt and spices including red pepper and chipotle chili pepper. We like it in our guacamole, hamburgers, and too!

Micalanne said...

Judy - I love that picture of Lauren & Ashley because it shows their great fun-loving personalities! Not many people are privy to their absolutely hilarious sense of humors!

They were taking a walk in the field across from our house where they are building houses. (And where aren't they building houses in Yucaipa?!) They were so funny about the fact that they stepped over the orange plastic fence that is meant to keep "things" out - they are so rebellious!

I just love these two girls!

Anonymous said...

When I glanced over your comment about Morton Salt I thought you wrote "Moron Salt." I think I've been using that for years.

Anonymous said...

Did you take that picture yesterday?

Micalanne said...

The picture of the girls hugging or of Ashley with the pacifiers and bottle nipples?

Just kidding.

The picture of the girls was taken a couple weeks ago by their triplet LeeAnna.

Micalanne said...

I've been singing "I Am A Child of God" since my first breath. Can you imagine my dismay when I hear two of my girls say how much they hate the tune to that song?!

I love the Primary tune; but I also have another rendition by a guy named David Blassuci.

Judy give me detailed instructions on how to load this song on my blog so I can have a technologically advanced post like yours..."I wanna be like you-hoo-hoo..."

Anonymous said...

The only way that I know how to load a song is to do a video type thing like on my tag post with Big Girls You Are Beautiful.

So, just for you, I have downloaded your version from iTunes, I am making a quick video, I will then tell you what to do.

I'm sure there is an easier way, but this is what I know.

Janet Patrice said...

I will be looking for the Morton's Hot Salt on my next shopping excursion - which will be on June 30th. I have my shopping down to every 2 weeks...I feel so organized!

dawnae said...

Love your list...I love pistachios too!!! Glad you came out of blogger retirement to give us a little "love"! I hope you guys really have a great vacation!
ps I want a weekly visit tooooooo......