Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Me & Some of My Girls At Grandma's Party!

Judy - doing one of the things she loves best - dressing up in a grass skirt!
From L to R, Ashley, Lauren & LeeAnna (my triplets). To LeeAnna's left, my twins, Bethany (in white) & Michelle (in red).
Aunt Lana looking fabulous as she does the HULA! Isn't she cute?!
Four Generations! ...Verna begat Penny, and Penny begat Micalanne, and Micalanne begat Bethany, Lauren & Ashley... Whew! I'm done begatting...
I love this Cari Girl! We had some great times when we were young and cute! (Well, we're still cute, just not so young. ) We would drive miles and miles just to get to a dance. Friends, good music and boys - that's what it was all about! She is the one who introduced me to taquitos and guacamole at a little taco shop around the corner from her house in Downey. How could I have lived in Southern California almost all my life and not know what taquitos and guacamole were?! Cousins are the fairy dust of life-they make everything twinkle when they are with you. I was SO happy to see you Cari!

Me and my Grandma! She is LOVE - What more can I say?! :)

To see some great pictures of the rest of my Girls and Boys, go to Judy's blog http://girlsjustwannahvfun.blogspot.com. Wish you could have all been there with us! (Sorry to the rest of my family for not getting clear enough pictures of you to post. :( )



5 comments:

dawnae said...

Thanks for sharing all of your family pictures....between you and Judy I feel like I was there!

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures, and I am ashamed of the family secret that you revealed - that Mom & Dad never fed us taquitos & guacamole. Please friends, don't judge us. We also never ate steak. Now the floodgates are down and the secrets are coming out.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Lana. I'm going to Hawaii with them next summer.

Micalanne said...

Let us not mention - no lasagna.

We would love to go to Hawaii with you guys next summer. I've been planting the idea, not so subtly, in Barts mind.

Janet Patrice said...

I would love to go to Hawaii with anyone --- I don't know if you remember Kim Austin (Ellis) from High School. Her husband, Dana, was stationed at Pearl Harbor for 6 years and we had a FREE place to stay, but never went...silly us!

I too enjoyed these pictures and feel so sad for your cuisine neglected childhoods. I, myself, never had sushi until 1988...but that is a story in and of itself! I loves me some sushi!