Friday, July 13, 2007

Midway, Utah and it's Crater

This is the quant Inn that we stayed at while visiting Midway, Utah and the surrounding area. It's called Inn on the Creek. It's quietly tucked into the hillside, so it is not widely known. We heard about this natural crater right there in Midway that is open for the public to swim in. You do have to make reservations in advance as they only let 12 people swim at a time. Bart and Cameron were able to take advantage of this opportunity and had a great time.

Inside the crater, my camera was having seizures as it tried to focus on the subjects. I waited and waited and waited to see when and if it would be able to settle down. But, my subjects were getting impatient, so I just took my best shot. This is Bart, Lauren, Ashley and Cameron on the dock you can jump off of into the 90 degree water. This picture doesn't do the color of the water justice.

Bart is pointing to the opening of the crater up above. I'm not sure how high up the top is, but to give you an idea, you can look at the first picture of the crater on the outside and then imagine walking down about 1/2 a flight of stairs get to the dock once inside.
Many of the locals, especially the Scouts, use this crater to learn to dive. My girls and I have it on our list of things to do when we get back to Utah!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this kind of stuff! Did you dive in?

dawnae said...

Okay I take back the picture thing. My camera has those exact kind of seizures...really makes me mad. But, that crater is real cool. I have never heard of this, we will have to check it out!

Micalanne said...

Judy, the girls and I did not partake! We all accidentally left our swimming paraphernalia at home!

Dawnae, I hope you get a chance to enjoy a swim in the crater with your family! I can't wait 'til we get back that way and can swim in it. With the temperature being a constant 90 degrees, you can really swim in there year round.

Anonymous said...

"Accidentally" left your swim things at home?

Micalanne said...

What...you don't believe my story?! I'm in complete shambles now.

Janet Patrice said...

I think swimming paraphenalia is a good term.... I personally say "Swimming Costume" ....

Madi said...

A few summers ago we stayed at the Homestead in Midway & went inside the crater, though we didn't swim. I actually think the crater is on the Homestead's grounds. It is a cool place.

Micalanne said...

Welcome to my blog Madi! How fun to hear from you! You are quite right, the crater is on the Homesteads grounds. Do you have plans to actually enjoy its warm waters some day in the future?