Monday, July 30, 2007

Remembering the Great Things of God



Well, this is what I've gotten done so far on my painting for the Art Competition. The sketch is not complete. For example, I want to add a child under the outstretched arm of the woman on the left. And, I'm not sure what to do with the background behind the woman on the left. Also, I have just sketched a simple bowl being handed from one woman to the other, just like I had mentioned before, with the plan of having it filled with either fruit or vegetables. However, I'm thinking about changing it to a water pitcher.


The woman on the right will be older, as you may be able to see by her "double chin" sketched in, and she will be dressed in fancy expensive clothes. The color of her fabric will be more "rich" looking than what is there now. The woman on the left will be dressed in simple clothes with neutral simple colors. She is younger with children under foot.


Behind them I have sketched a well, which needs to be larger I think. Behind the well is a building with a tree. Whether this background stays is something you and I will just have to wait to see.


I still have a lot of research to do on 1st century clothing, landscapes, etc. I also need to get lots of pictures of my models - Bethany, Lauren and Ashley - in the same pose.


So, wish me luck and I'll keep your posted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your painting looks really good. I like that you will be using your girls as models. And I appreciate being able to be the double chin model - that's special.

Can't wait to see it finished!

Anonymous said...

I like your new pictures on your sidebar.

Micalanne said...

Well, I actually never thought of having you as my double chin model, you don't have a double chin, my dear.

I was really thinking of using myself for that.

I have some great pictures to post and to email to you from the last few weeks. You will be so proud of my diligent efforts to capture some of my family's life moments in order to blog and for the Spectacular! Spectacular! You will know that I am a faithful follower of Judyism! :)

dawnae said...

I think this is going to be really great! A winner for sure....or the judges are crazy! :)