Sunday, August 26, 2007

Scenes of Montana for Janet

Are these not the cutest cuddly grizzly bears you've ever seen?! They were both rescued from either being raised in a 5x3x3 cage, or an abusive private owner.
SO CUTE! This 700 lb. male lumbered over to the boulder for a little rest. In the 25 minutes I watched the bears, he got comfy like this several times. Maybe its his message he needs a good chiropractor?! I got a kick out of him. This 400 lb. female was so beautiful! My camera could not completely capture all the colors in her coat.

I happened upon this rescue facility as I was chasing the Montana fires. I never got to the fires because I found these cuties. They were the highlight of my day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous animals! Do you have more pix to show us?

Micalanne said...

Of course! I will share them a few at a time.

Janet Patrice said...

Micalanne - thanks for the bear pictures. I love wildlife in general and there is just something about bears, especially mama bears that draws me in. Thanks for sharing

Micalanne said...

De nada, Janet!

dawnae said...

cool, beautiful bears!!! So sad that someone would think they could raise a bear....but so glad that they were rescued. Sounds like you had such a good time! Chasin the fires sounds very exciting...like that tornado movie....

Micalanne said...

Dawnae ~ I had a great time. When I am by myself I am able to clear my conscious mind and let my subconscious take over...I'm sure that's got to be better than any drug out there! And there's no hangover afterwards!

We live in the foothills of the San Bernardino mtns just below Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear, etc. We have hills all around us. Every year, about this time of year, these hills burn; usually from arson. (Luckily, we are across the highway from where the fires usually are.) We like to sit on the lawn and watch the show. It is very exciting to watch the nature of fire. (Please don't think I'm a pyro) And to watch the firemen "dance" with the fire. They are amazingly adept at putting it out and protecting living things and the buildings in its path. The field across from us is where the helicopters land to fill up with water.

Micalanne said...

Dawnae, if you happen to read these comments again, I would love to see your painted version of these bears.