Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Meet Bethany Marie


Isn't she cute?! Bethany has been playing the piano since she was 5 years old. She took lessons for about 8 years; however, the last few years she has been teaching herself. Jon Schmidt is one of her favorite composers. Bethany has 3 real piano students, and 3 sibling piano students. These two types of students do not belong in same category; they are not the same...

Bethany is a Junior at Yucaipa High School. She is currently the Junior Class Secretary/Treasurer and is looking forward to running for ASB Vice-President for her Senior year. She is very dependable and many people look up to her as a leader.

After high school, she plans on attending the Paul Mitchell School of Cosmetology in Provo with her cute & fun friend Heather. Then, once she has a skill that will allow her to earn her own income, she will decide which college to attend. (her idea)

Bethany has served in her Young Women class presidency's and participates in the ward choir. This is her third year of attending seminary. She has been responsible for getting herself up and ready in the mornings every year without either of her parents needing to nag, prod, beg or bribe. Even now that she can drive, she still gets herself to seminary and goes to class.

She has lots of friends and many of them come to her to unload about their most "horrendous" happenings. Because of this she can carry the weight of the world on her shoulders. Yet, she continues on...

I love my Betty Mae! She has been a constant source of drama...I mean, Joy...in our home. She is the best! And I'm not saying that just because I'm her Mom, either. I know Bethany best as a friend because she has ALWAYS been there for me as a friend. Loving others is one of her greatest qualities.

She is a gift to all who know her...My Bethany Marie!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I love that girl!!

jodi kay said...

How did you luck out with such a good daughter? Just kidding. Look at her parents. She is so cute and very talented! You guys did a good job! I can't believe she is that old. Jamie went to school there too. She liked it.

{sara} said...

Bethany IS a sweetheart! I have always admired her.

{sara} said...

So, I am confused. My google reader tells me you have a new post "It's my turn to say something". But, I go to your blog to leave a comment and it's not here. What's going on?

Micalanne said...

Oops! I'm working on a post but it's taking a long time because my internet service is LAME!!!

Give me a few hours and I'll get the new post published! :)

abramgrlz said...

for goodness sakes I cant tell which of the Penny and Paul Pederson girls I am seeing in that picture could it be a part of all of you? Post a close picture of your and family please. It brings back so many wonderful memories. It has been sooo long since I have seen you and yours
Love ya miss you

Micalanne said...

Jean it has been way too long!!! My last vivid memory of spending time with you was when your hubby had just left for his mission and you made a count down calendar for when he was supposed to come home! And now look at you guys, you've been married a hundred years and have 15 children! Yes, it has definitely been too long! :)

I will post a family picture as soon as I get us all together...

Nat said...

WOW - I just learned so much about that great girl! I can still remember when I met Steven, Bethany was 3 and she wanted to show me all her things. (it was the house in Wrightwood 2 level.) I loved it! I can not remember if the twins were born yet.

Jobi Niu said...

She is SO cute! She seems like a GREAT girl! My husband is an AMAZING pianst.. AMAZING! He took for like 13 years and can play by ear also.. It's such a great talent to have. I'm jealous.