Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Para Mi Hermana Judita

So, here's the story...

Martha Graham



Paul Taylor

...due to the fact that I am suffering from "Empty Lap Syndrome", and will continue suffering until I have Grand-Bambino's, I decided to go to school to earn my degrees.

One of my classes right now is Humanities 101; and I love it! I am learning about all the arts - music, visual, literature, sculpture, architecture and dance. I'm reading, reading, reading about the history of each discipline and the people who have played pivotal roles in their development.

Almost everything I read makes me think of Judy because of her great love of, and respect for, the arts and artists - and the fact that she teaches the art of the English Language everyday. As of late, I have been stalking her by sending her emails about the things I read...as if she has never heard of these people, or seen their works, or read their poems before (silly me).

Anyway, when I came across the pictures of Martha Graham and Paul Taylor (pioneers in Modern Dance)I was so moved by them I had to share them! However, because I had been stalking her quite a bit, I decided to post the pictures and let her enjoy them in her own way, on her own time, and IF she had never heard of them before she could decide whether she would do further research to learn more about them. See, I'm thoughtful...

...AND I know my limits.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loves me my Martha.

Micalanne said...

I love how her hair looks like fire.

I like the expression on Paul Taylors face.

{sara} said...

I'm waiting...the rest of the post?

Micalanne said...

Hold your horses, Sara; I'm studying...

Anonymous said...

Mic, did you amend this post? I don't remember reading the last bit about stalking me and about informing me of Martha. Plz keep stalking me, I don't mind, and yes, I have heard of everyone you have talked about, including Martha - do you know me at all? But that's cool - I'm glad you are finally catching up with the cool crowd. I was worried for a while - haha.

Micalanne said...

Si Judita, I did update the post. I didn't have time to write the whole post at the time so I posted the pictures first, then went back and did the update.

I promise to continue stalking you!