Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Amy!

Today was Amy's 40th Birthday! She doesn't like to be the center of attention. So we didn't give her a surprise party; and we'll keep the portion of this post about her in particular low-key.

Part I
Amy is the BEST because she has not an ounce of malice in her body! She is Kind, Loving, GENEROUS, Funny, & Smart! She is a Friend to Everyone - no one is a Stranger to her.

She is a very Loving Mother to her children Eric, 12 and Emily, 10 (in just a couple weeks). I believe we could summarize her parenting philosophy in two words: "LET'S PLAY!". She loves to have a good time making memories with her kids.

Amy has Perfect Naturally Wavy Blonde hair, and Naturally Perfectly Shaped Eyebrows! Rude - I know! She has the Prettiest Eyes, too. I love her dainty, tiny hands. And I love to HUG her!

Amy served in the Vina del Mar, Chile Mission. She now teaches Spanish at San Gorgonio High School. She is also the Polynesian Cultural Advisor. She Loves People of All Races and Cultures. They all Love her! And I Love You Amy!

Grandma with the Birthday Girl

Contemplating her Birthday Wish

She is a very Delicate Candle Blower-Outer

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMY!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Part II
For our family, though, the fun started a few hours earlier! Mom asked me to bring the cake. So I made the cake and was trying to decide how to decorate it. Well, Bethany REALLY wanted to decorate the cake. So, I got a box of white fondant and a box of different colored fondant for her to use and she went right to work.

Step 1 - Roll out the Fondant


Step 2 - Assess the Condition of the Buttercream


Step 3 - Place the Fondant


Step 4 - Recruit some Pumped Up Assistants


Step 5 - Use Little Brother to Hold Decorations in Place


Ta Da! The Final Product! Amy Enjoyed and Appreciated the Cake!


Look! She even Cleans Up!

15 comments:

{sara} said...

Happy B-day, Amy! Sorry I missed the party. Cute cake, Bethany! Wanna' give me lessons?

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday, Amy! Love the cake - that was very sweet of you, Bethany, to make the cake for your aged Aunt Amy.

jodi kay said...

Happy Birthday Amy! Hope you had a good day! Nice job on the cake Bethany!

Anonymous said...

I like that you mentioned Amy's tiny hands. I thought that was a Pederson thing - Steve & Greg have small hands, too, but then I saw Cari last month and she has tiny hands, so I wonder if it's a Melton thing.

I like the picture of Mom and Amy. I've always thought they had a funny relationship. No two women on the planet are more different than Amy & Mom, yet they love and need each other (and drive each other crazy) so much.

Micalanne said...

Amy is tiny like Grandma Melton.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Amy! My love to you (through Micalanne's blog!)

bphay said...

Clannie, the cake was delicious (and you know I hardly ever eat cake). That was a sweet tribute to your sister. Amy is much under-appreciated. Bethany, Duff would be proud of you and hire you as an intern. You did a great job with the fondant - who knew you are such a talented cake decorator?

LaRae said...

After I read part 1 of the post, I was going to ask - who made that lovely cake. But then, you answered my question in part 2. Happy birthday Amy!

Anonymous said...

I agree, Aunt Barbie. Amy is under appreciated. Maybe now that she's 40 we can treat her like an adult.

Micalanne said...

If we treated Amy like an adult, we wouldn't have any fun anymore...

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday AMY... your old like Jay is!!

We didn't get the tiny hands, Most of us Melton/Hatch clan have huge hands. And huge heads. hahaaaaa I'm funny.
I want a cake for my birthday!!

Micalanne said...

When is your Birthday Jamie?

Jamie said...

(Well I share my birthday with Jill.) OCt 6th.

Micalanne said...

I will certainly remember that...

jodi kay said...

So true. We do have huge hands and huge heads. Joel and Jon have to special order their helmets for their 4 wheelers.