Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Tis the Season...

...For Snakes!!!!

Our neighbors were going for a walk. As they were passing our house, they watched this huge rattlesnake slither across the street and onto our grass. They came to our door to tell us it was there. But, there was no need for worry because guess who lives in my house?

You got it! Bart and Cameron the Snake Whisperers!


With shovel and PVC pipe in hand, they whispered ever so quietly, "Go to Snake Heaven you big snake you!" Off went the head and the rattle (a favorite keepsake of almost 10 yr old boys).



Bartman laid the body in front of our trash cans and guess what? We had no critters dump our trash bins over last night!

Who knew a rattlesnake would do us some good?

12 comments:

Joy :) said...

That is a great story. I love a happy ending.

LaRae said...

wow - who took the picture? the snake whisperers?

Jobi Niu said...

EWWWW!!! I'm SOOOOOOO AFRAID of snakes! That's a funny story though.. Snake Whisperers... hahhaha

Anonymous said...

I don't do snakes.

jodi kay said...

Holy Cow! Or should I say, Holy Snake! That is crazy! I can't believe you have those in your yard. That would freak me out. Great story though!

jodi kay said...

What city do you live in anyway?

{sara} said...

That is CRAZY!! Glad they got the snake before he got them.

Anonymous said...

Jodi, Mic lives in yo-cow-pie.

Micalanne said...

HaHaHa Judy! We live in a smallish community in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains. It is known for it's Christian, horse-lovin' people. I love it, but wish it were not in the Inland Empire (too smoggy!)

And yes, it is made fun of by people who call it Yu-Cow-Pie! But the real pronunciation is Yucaipa (You-Kie-Puh).

LaRae-I took the pictures! Thank goodness for great cropping features in photo editing programs! I was able to make it look like I was up close to the snake...but I certainly wasn't!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I just saw the picture of Cam w/ the rattle. THAT IS SO GROSSSSSSS!!!!
What is it with boys?

Micalanne said...

I have no idea, Judy. But he was so pleased with himself when he made his Mama scream and jump sky-high by shaking the rattle behind my back! We've got another Mark on our hands I think - finding pleasure in scaring people with any opportunity given.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, not another Mark ...