Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer Foods

In a previous post, I asked everyone what they liked to eat during the hot summer months. And I promised that if you told me what you liked, I would tell you what I liked. (Similar to - "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" - but in better taste)

Now, you have to understand that I am not a Foodie by nature - I'm just married to one, and the mother to four others. So I am a Foodie by association and responsibility.

With that being said, let's get on with it!

I like anything you can throw on the Bar-B! In particular chicken...


...and corn-on-the-cob!



But for middle of the day when I'm simply sitting at my desk with the air blowing directly on me, and yet sweating up a storm because it's 115 degrees outside, nothing beats a "Nice, Cold Cranberry-Grape & Orange Juice with Crushed Ice in a Cute Cup Treat" - So Refreshing!



Of course, for those with a sweet-tooth, there's the summertime staple of cotton candy and chocolate chip cookies. As much as I love them, I try to ignore them...hence the teeny-tiny pictures.



And Now For My Very Favorite of All Time - Mexican Food! Anytime day or night, give me pork verde tacos with cilantro, quacamole, carrots, radishes and a squeeze of lime! There's a party for your taste-buds people!



So, for anyone out there who could possibly be bored with their summer - Go Make Something Yummy and Put a Party in Your Mouth!

Munch On, My Friends!

7 comments:

Joy :) said...

OH, YuMMYYYYYY. Can I just come and eat with you, please?

Micalanne said...

You bet!!

Wendy Day said...

Delicious!!! Cute post! Now I'm hungry!!! I want some of that corn on the cob. I guess I better go to the store and get some. See ya!

Anonymous said...

I can eat grilled veggies and whole wheat pasta every day. And fresh, cold fruit.

jodi kay said...

Looks soooo good! I want some of all of those. We definately need to have a Melton party!

Micalanne said...

Yes! I love chilled fruit, too! And, we certainly do need to have a Melton Party!!!

{sara} said...

Party at Micalanne's!!!