Sunday, October 5, 2008

No Pictures of...

...our Great Time!

The girls and I enjoyed our Cramped and Quick trip to Salt Lake City. We left Thursday night around 6 p.m., got to St. George around midnight, left around 10 the next morning and got to SLC around 3. We ate at PF Changs, their FAVORITE Restaurant, hopped the Trolley to go to Gateway to do a little shopping but realized we hopped on the Trolley going the opposite direction and ended up in a very scary place downtown. So we quickly hopped back on the Trolley that would take us back to where we started, jumped back in the car and went back to the Hotel where we knew we would be SAFE! (We are such wimps!) Bethany watched that cute movie of the American Girl Kit Kitteridge but Lauren, Ashley and I went to sleep. (Not just wimps, party-poopers, too!)

We woke up to a cloudy, drizzling morning. As we walked to the conference center, it was just drizzling a little. When we left the conference center it was POURING! We were literally dripping wet by the time we got back to the car! (We had parked several blocks away) We changed into our comfy traveling clothes right there in the car in the parking structure! We cracked ourselves up!

We took off for home in the rain and the storm only got worse the farther away we got from SLC. By the time we got to the desert, it was not only pouring down rain, but it was windy and tons of lightning! There was literally two inches of water on the road. We had to slow down to about 40 mph for quite awhile because visibility was so low. But, of course, there is always light after a storm. This light that we experienced was a beautiful sunset and then a beautiful crescent moon. We arrived home last night around 11:30. Perfect! Very quick, but perfect! I couldn't have asked for better company than my 3 Cutie Patootie Girls!

And, we accomplished the purpose of getting a smaller car: Gas for the trip was $201.39. If I had taken the Yukon, it would have been 3 times as much! I will literally be able to pay the monthly payment, monthly gas bill, AND monthly insurance bill for the LESS than my monthly gas bill ALONE for the YUKON!!!! Oh Happy Day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. It was a waxing crescent moon, by the way. What are you going to do with your Yukon?

Micalanne said...

Well, we will use it occassionally, like when we go to church - we all fit in the Yukon. And I will have to drive it when I have more than 3 children/passengers with me. We will also use it to haul the trailer when we take that on vacation, too. But, unless we can find someone who can afford to drive it, it will be parked.

The kids are not in any sport or music lessons right now, but will be soon. As soon as I start driving to these activities, and if I had to use the Yukon alone, I could expect to pay at least $800/mo in gas. RIDICULOUS!!!

Nat said...

That sounds like a great trip!

Joy :) said...

That trip sounds like a lot of fun. Something that will be rememered for a long time.

bphay said...

How fun! At least the car will float if you get caught in a flood!

Jamie said...

Cute fun!!! I'm glad you got to come up for conference.... and I'm glad you were careful downtown too! I woulda protected you though (no need to worry)

LaRae said...

Wasn't the Saturday morning session of conference the best? How fortunate you were to be there. I have gone once & was also struck by the reference that abounds when the First Presidency enters. It is a neat feeling!

Micalanne said...

Joy ~ I was a fun trip and I know for sure we will always remember it! :)

Nat ~ One of these days you will have to come with us!

HaHa Barbie! I did think of that as we drove through the desert...

Jamie ~ Now that I know you will protect us, I have NO fear! You are my new favorite SuperHero!

I did love the Saturday morning session LaRae! There is a sweetness about the Saturday sessions you don't get on Sunday. I hope to be able to go again someday.