Thursday, October 2, 2008

Surprise! Surprise!

I have been given two Great Surprise Gifts twice in my life.

The first one was when I turned 30. Judy worked really hard at organizing a Surprise Birthday Party for me! It was the best time EVER! I really had no clue that anything was being planned. The night of the party, Bart took me out to dinner with some fun friends, Reid & DeeAnn Hansen. When we arrived back at our house, Bart was pretty antsy. He unlocked the door, opened it really wide and PUSHED me into the house! I heard "SURPRISE!" and looked around to see so many of the people I LOVE!!! How Fun! The girls were just tiny then, and all dressed in their Best Sunday Dresses. So Cute. Cameron was still just a thought and prayer. Of course I received the usual fun gifts you give to the Aged - enema's and the such. I also received a gift from Aunt Barbie, a Cookie CookBook, that I use All The Time! So Very Fun! I was very surprised and felt so LOVED! I will always remember that great night and appreciate Judy's thoughtfulness and hard work at putting the event together.

Well, I have to tell you about my 2nd Greatest Surprise!

Last night, we had an Activities Committee Meeting at my house the same time the girls had Young Womens. So, because they would be gone during my meeting, and Bart was at a clients here in town, the girls took Cameron to Bart on their way to the church. The meeting started and we accomplished much. Towards the end of the meeting, Bart and Cameron came into the house for 2.5 seconds and then took off again. I remembered Bethany said she and the girls were going to meet the Boys for dinner so I didn't have to worry about feeding them so late. So thoughtful of Bart. Everybody left from the meeting and I was alone for the first time in days. I sat in Barts chair and turned on the T.V. Just shortly after that, I heard some loud music, loud voices, and a horn honking outside. I thought it was the same people who had egged our house just two days earlier. (Another story) I sat trying to decide if I would be safer to stay inside, or go outside and confront the juveniles. Suddenly, Cameron burst in through the front door and said, "Mom! Go look outside! Your Bug is here!"

Oh! No! He! Didn't!

Shut! Up!

Oh! My! Heaven's! To! Betsy! It's! Yellow!

And...

CONVERTIBLE!!!!

Bart bought me my DREAM CAR! This is what it looks like from my Front Door Step!



And this is it's Cute BOOTY Shot!



(Notice the Big Expensive Yukon that will be put to pasture while I drive around town in My New Yellow Beetle Bug!)

Why would he buy me, a Mother of Four Humans and a Dog, a small, impractical car that only holds 3 passengers?!

WHO CARES My People!!!!!

I was so surprised last night that it was actually here! Bethany, Lauren & Ashley had come home after Young Women's to pick up Bart & Cameron, just as they had come into the house for that split second during the meeting, to not only go eat dinner but to PICK UP MY NEW CAR for me!

OH! MY! STARS!

It was my Cutie Patootie Girls in the Beetle Bug with its Black Top Down and the Music Blasting ~ Not Juvenile Delinquents! So Shocked and Surprised...

...Just in time for us to take a Really Quick Trip up to Salt Lake City for the Saturday Morning Session of Conference and be back home for the Sunday Sessions! Even though we had been talking about getting this car, I honestly did not know I would have it in My Driveway in time to take it to conference. I thought we'd be driving a rental ~ So UnFun!

Well, Cameron hasn't had a chance to take a ride yet and he's dying for a GOOD TIME! Gotta Drive!

Caio!

15 comments:

Joy :) said...

WOW! Congratulations. that is a great suprise. Have a great trip up and back. Love the bug!

jodi kay said...

Holy Cow! That is so cool! What a fantastic surprise. Your husband must really love you. Enjoy conference!

Jamie said...

What's her name?
CUTEie pie!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly!!!!

bphay said...

All I can say is WOW!! WOWIE, WOW!! Who is going on the trip-- you don't have room for all. Just you and Bart? How fun! You MUST be doing some things right!

Joy :) said...

OH, I forgot to say, I hope one of my sisters throws me a surprise party when I turn 30.

Mark said...

Micalanne got a VW Beetle! How cool! I'll have to check it out and compare it to my '64 and '69.

{sara} said...

WOW! Very cool! I don't like surprises. I don't think I'd complain about that one, though. have fun driving her around! (she is a she, isn't she?)

Katie ☮ said...

i am sooo jealous! that bug is so cute. my dream car is an orange jeep and if someone bought it for me i would probably die.

Micalanne said...

HaHa! Yes, she is a she, and her name is Bumble Bug. For me the driver, it was a very comfortable, all-be-it quick, trip. But for the 3 passengers, it wasn't very comfortable. It certainly is not meant to be used for long trips!

However, it was very fun to be with the girls and to experience a session of Conference with them!

Nat said...

What a GREAT SURPRISE! What a great Husband also! I love the color.

Janet Patrice said...

I love the bug! There is one on our stree that is light blue with a cream colored top....I love that one too! I would so drive in the bumble bug with you... anytime.

Susan said...

Yay!!! Have fun in the new car. Play some funky music and think of me while driving.

LaRae said...

Micalanne - how extremely exciting! I am sure you are absolutely loving this adorable new member of your family! So cute!

Micalanne said...

Janet you are welcome to ride with me anytime! That would be great fun...

Susan I will certainly think of you as I drive around!

LaRae it is so exciting and so fun!