Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Saturday before Thanksgiving I woke up early, grabbed my camera, jumped into Bumble Bug and TOOK OFF, MAN! It was great!

I was looking for a peaceful, beautiful and refreshing place to snap a few pictures. I didn't have to go far. All I had to do was drive down the street and over the hill to the Redlands Temple. Ahhhhhhh.....there was my place!

I snapped a few pictures of the Temple, the Angel Moroni, and the surrounding flora. It was all beautiful. I love the simple angularity of the Temple's architeture; and how the plants and flowers soften those angles.








Even though we hadn't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet, the Temple's Nativity Scene was already in place. Just Lovely. My very Favorite scripture story of all time!





It was an invigorating morning! My heart was filled with Gratitude for my Savior. I felt great Joy in being near Him and His House. As always, whenever I contemplate the story of Mary, I am inspired to be a better Mother; because she, a mortal, raised the Savior of all. The fact that she enabled her Son to fulfill His destiny and purpose on this earth gives me strength to know that I can enable my children to fulfill their destiny's as well. I am so Grateful for Mary. I am also Grateful for Joseph who Loved her, supported her, cared for her and protected her. What a guy! These are two people I can't wait to meet and give Really Big Hugs to. I love them.

I hope you all had a Very Happy Thanksgiving; and are enjoying your few weeks of madness before Christmas! Much Love to You All!

10 comments:

bphay said...

I, too, love to see the temple. I always look for the spire when I am on the freeway. It stands out like a beacon, saying all is safe and sound inside. Come to me!

jodi kay said...

Those are great pictures. What a way to start out your day! Mary is a great example of a mother. I do look up to her in many ways. I am looking forward to going to Temple Square and seeing all the lights down there soon.

Joy :) said...

Thanks for that Micalanne. I really needed that. What a great way to start my day today. I hope I can get to one of the temples to see the lights.

Katie ☮ said...

aww micalanne you gave me chills! what a loverly post. i might just go to the next dance at the temple's mormon center just to see the lights...and the temple of course. it's so pretty at night. even when theres a bunch of rowdy teens right next door, its so peaceful.

Anonymous said...

I love the Redlands Temple, too. Your pictures are really beautiful. I need to get to the Newport Beach Temple and post some pictures of it. I'll make sure the prop 8 protesters aren't there, though.

Micalanne said...

You all are mentioning the pretty lights at the temples. That makes me realize that I don't know if the Redlands Temple has lots of Christmas lights. I think they only have spotlights on the Nativity. I'm just going to have to go see!

Micalanne said...

Judy, I've never been to the Newport Temple. I would love to see pictures of it.

Joy & Katiebobaty, what is the nearest Temple to you?

Jodi, I have always wanted to be on Temple Square at Christmas! My parents took me when I was a little girl, but obviously I can't remember that!! Take pics and post them, PLEASE!

Aunt Barbara Jo, Ditto! We should do a session together sometime. Then go eat!

Katie ☮ said...

we have a temple in sacramento :)

Jobi Niu said...

Very beautiful pictures!! The temple is an amazing place inside and out!

jayni & ben said...

I loved this post and the pictures. What a nice way to start out your day!!