Friday, May 23, 2008

Myth or Reality?

They say she doesn't exist. They say she is a myth. They say she is not real because there are no credible sightings of her. Well, as her official paparazzi, I'm here to tell you she's as real as they get; just hard to capture in pictures! Meet Lauren! She is my 2nd daughter. Contrary to the attitude portrayed in the photo below, she is the sweetest girl around! But the truth that is portrayed is her quick, dry wit. She is HI-LAR-I-OUS!!! She can get us all laughing till our belly's ache with her comebacks and body gestures!


Lauren is very pleasant to be with. She is also as loyal as the day is long - and then some; especially toward her twin sister Ashley. When they were little, if Ashley was hurt or sad, Lauren was right there doing anything she could to cheer her up. She could not stand to see her crying. In fact, as an infant, she never really cried until Ashley cried. If she loves you, she loves you deeply and forever. As a toddler, this characteristic was portrayed by her hoarding all her favorite toys in one spot, usually the mini-trampoline. She would sit next to them, not necessarily to play with but to protect.

Her empathy towards others allows her to capture emotion in her art. One day she drew the face of a girl. She showed it to me and I was truly moved by her drawing. Yet, she didn't care for it and ripped it up. The next time I saw the picture it was in 4 pieces and I asked, "Lauren, why did you rip this picture?" She exclaimed, "I don't like it!" I showed her how in each of the four pieces of the girls face, she was able to show the expression of 4 different emotions that when the pieces were put together, caused the viewer to feel deep emotions and connect with the picture. She said that was why she didn't like it. She thought this was a weakness in her art. "That, my dear, is raw talent many artists work a life time at accomplishing!". She simply smiled, and still occasionally will draw a picture or two - which can only be viewed by the public as often as she is - rarely!

Lauren will be completing the 8th grade and promoting to HIGH SCHOOL! And she, too, will be going to early morning seminary. When this is mentioned, she replies with an eyeroll - a different-than-hilarious kind of body gesture! :) Everyone likes Lauren. Not just the boys, either. She is going to have such a great time during her high school years, and she will be a great asset to her school and friends! She is simply FABULOUS! I love her so much!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely adore this girl!

Anonymous said...

PS, I hope you're coming to Amy's today btw, so I can see you all.

Joy :) said...

Another cute daughter! Love hearing about them and getting to know them.

Katie ☮ said...

sometimes i wish i had a twin, but then again, maybe not bc you can't be as spoiled if there are two of you. or you could share everything! your daughters are so cute and i love learning about them. do you have any boys or is it all girls?

Jobi Niu said...

THat's fun to get to know about your daughters.. Have I ever met them?? She's really cute!

Wendy Day said...

Micalanne,

I think it is so AWESOME that you are highlighting your girls.

Lauren is a very BEAUTIFUL girl. I'm learning not only on the outside but the inside as well.

Lauren- don't hide your talent under a bushel. It sounds like you are an amazing artist. Sometimes showing the world are weaknesses is what makes us STRONG!!!

I hope that you too take advantage of everything high school has to offer you. That you make memories that you can be proud of and look back on with happiness.

Micalanne said...

Katiebobaty ~ trust me, these girls are quite spoiled!!!!

Jobi ~ I don't think you have ever met them. The last time we have been with the whole Melton family was when my girls weren't even in school yet.
And I don't remember any of your family being there. It's a cryin' shame!

LaRae said...

Micalanne - it is fun to learn about your amazing daughters. btw - check out my blog for some news you'll want to hear!

jodi kay said...

Man Micalanne, you sure lucked out with your kids. Just kidding! There was no luck involved. You deserve adorable, smart, talented kids!