Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Seminary Update

Tomorrow is the last official day of Seminary. (Friday, the teachers will be serving a big Pancake Breakfast) As I think about this, (the last day, not the pancakes) it brings tears to my eyes and pains to my chest. I have come to love these Fifteen 17-year-olds with all my heart! I have enjoyed them so much for several reasons. Here are a few of them:

They were always there! During the four weeks I taught, and out of 15 students, there were only a total of 5 absences - Amazing!

They did every little thing I asked them to do - they were completely obedient. Even when an activity seemingly had no point, they did it - How Pleasant!

They are strong kids; I watch in awe as they go about their day doing all that is required of them. I have complete respect for them and their job of "Growing Up" - Great Potential!

They made me LAUGH - I was well entertained - Who Needs Reality TV?! :)

From the very first day, they were no longer Sister Crossman's kids; they became mine. As I think of the fact that they will be studying the life of our Savior, and his apostles, in the New Testament next year, I can't help but begin to mentally plan lessons that would be geared toward this class specifically. Then, I realize they will be someone else's students; I'm not OK with that. I want to stomp my feet and pitch a fit; whining that "These are MY kids! I want to be their teacher next year! I want to be the one interacting with them as they study our Savior Jesus Christ!"

Heavy Sigh...

How blessed their teacher will be next year! I pray it will be ME!

P.S. 4:30 a.m. DOES exist!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, that's sweet.

Wendy Day said...

I am so happy to hear that you are so dedicated to your students. I didn't graduate seminary. I stopped going my senior year because all the teacher did was give us updates on the latest movies or current events. I decided it wasn't worth getting up early to go.

Micalanne said...

I didn't graduate either; but I did earn a 3 year certificate.

Although I went every day my last year, I was usually late. But, I didn't realize that would jeopardize my ability to graduate. No-one ever said anything to me about that. So when I was sitting there at graduation, you can imagine my shock, surprise and disappointment when I only received a 3 year certificate. I was so sad. I don't know why I didn't know I wasn't going to graduate but I sure wish I did! I would have done anything to make sure I did.

LaRae said...

micalanne - i see early morning seminary in your future. i can't believe no one told you that you weren't going to graduate - your teacher should have offered you some makeup work!

Micalanne said...

I know LaRae! Let's just say I went through my high school years very unaware of a lot of things! I was in my own little world, that's for sure! Even though I didn't graduate, I have very fond memories from all my years in seminary - especially from Las Vegas. I used to leave love notes for Todd Jones on his car all the time! I was his "Erkel"! I did not even care that Robin was his girlfriend. I liked Robin, but I liked him so much more! :)

Joy :) said...

Micalanne just reading you post made tears come to my eyes. I have such a strong feeling of seminary. I am so glad my kids go and don't even fight me on it. How lucky is that. I am very proud of my seminary graduation. I hope that didn't sound snotty.

Micalanne said...

Joy - LOL! No, it didn't sound snotty. I'm glad your kids don't fight you to go to seminary, too.

Janet Patrice said...

I loved seminary as well. It was the thing that kept me grounded everyday when life was so ungrounded. I had no idea you loved Todd Jones. I thought I was his secret stalker. Seriously, I thought he was the nicest guy and so kind to me always - he is still the same - I saw him a few years ago at our 20 year reunion...he is so kind, still.

Micalanne said...

Hi Janet!!! I didn't know you loved Todd! Great hearts feel alike! :)

But, I was not secret about liking him. Seriously, I would leave him love notes on his car ALL THE TIME! I agree he was very kind; especially when he was telling me he didn't like me and that he had a girlfriend. I never liked another guy as much as him until I was about 19! Well, if you ever see him again, give him a big hug for me!